Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First use of the gymnasium!!!

Tonight was the first night we were able to use the gymnasium.  The kindergartners and first graders were the first group up.  We played Valentine tag and leap frog tag and one other.  It was interesting when I had to try to go through a little one's legs to try and free them.  I didn't fit so well and my knees hurt.  The kids were really excited when we started.  By the last tag game we played with them they were tired and not so into the game.  Luckily it was time for the groups to change then.  We had to keep the games hopping, and I think it helped that we were playing it with them.  They seemed to enjoy tagging the college kids. 

After that we were broken up into groups.  Our lab assistant wasn't there so we did a project.  Mark and I organized the storage space.  We put pictures on the outside of the equipment boxes and containers.  I think it will make it a lot easier to find the equipment that we need to use.  I just hope the Physical Education teacher at St. Mary's is not mad at us for moving their things around.  That was a fun project.  I hope it helps.  The lab assistants gave some great advice tonight.  Write your blog while it is fresh in your memory.  I am a person that has to write everything down, so this will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment